What is SUYOS (Selçuk University Foreign Student Selection Examination)?
Selcuk University Foreign Student Selection Examination (SUYOS) is an exam that can be taken by candidates from abroad or foreign nationals who want to study at associate and undergraduate level primary and secondary education programs at Selcuk University and can use the results when applying for admission to this institution.
Who can and cannot apply to SUYOS?
On condition that the candidates are at the last grade of high school or are graduated from those schools, the applications from the students described below will be accepted;
1) Foreign nationals, (provided that those studying in secondary education (high school) institutions in Turkey have registered before the 2022-2023 academic year [Except for Embassy schools, International private education institutions taking place in the MOBIS system and foreigners brought to our country within the framework of the project carried out by the Ministry of National Education])
2) Those who became Turkish citizens at birth and who were allowed to be out of Turkish citizenship given by the Ministry of Internal affairs and their non-adult children registered in their document to cease to be a citizen of Turkey who can provide the certificate related to the Use of the Given Rights according to the Turkish Citizenship Law (It will be better to analyze Turkish Citizenship Law since the Turkish Law 5901, article No7 clause (1) states that “the child who was born within Turkey or abroad from a Turkish mother or father within a marriage community is a Turkish citizen).
3) The individuals who were foreign from birth and turned into a citizen of Turkish Republic afterwards / and those with dual nationality in the same condition (On the condition that those studying in secondary education (high school) institutions in Turkey have registered before the 2022-2023 academic year)
4) a) Among the students who received secondary school education in foreign countries before February 1, 2013 01/02/2013 and attended to a secondary school (high school) except Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) during last three years of their education (including those who completed all their high school education at Turkish Schools opened before the Ministry of National Education in a foreign country except TRNC)
b) Among the candidates who started secondary school education in the foreign countries after February 1, 2013 will be accepted to the acceptance quotas from abroad if they completed a secondary school in a foreign country except TRNC (including those who completed all their high school education at Turkish Schools opened before the Ministry of National Education in a foreign country except TRNC)
5) Among the candidates who are the citizens of TRNC, reside in the TRNC and completed their secondary education (high school) in TRNC, those having the GCE AL exam results and the students registered to the colleges and high schools in the other countries between the years of 2005 and 2010 and possess the GCE AL exam results or who will have it in the future.
Among the candidates, the applications of the candidates who are defined below aren’t accepted;
1) Those who has T.R. nationality and completed their secondary school (high school) education either in Turkey or in the foreign countries,
2) Among the candidates from TRNC (except those who completed their secondary school education in the TRNC and have the GCE AL results and those who registered to the colleges and high schools in the other countries between the years of 2005 and 2010 and have the GCE AL results or will have soon),
3) The individuals with double nationality and turned into Turkish citizens as a result of the birth which was defined in this guide in Article 2 of the section describing the candidates whose applications will be accepted (except those who meet the requirements in the clause a of Article 4 of the section describing the candidates whose applications will be accepted in this guide),
4) Among the candidates with dual nationality whose one nationality is in TRNC (except those who completed all the secondary school education (high school) in the TRNC and those who registered to the colleges and high schools in the other countries between the years of 2005 and 2010 and have the GCE AL results or will have soon),
5) The citizens of Turkish Republic who study at the schools within the structure of embassies in Turkey and in the foreign high schools in Turkey and the individuals with dual nationality who became Turkish citizen due to the birth which was defined in this guide in Article 2 of the section describing the candidates whose applications will be accepted,
6) TRNC citizens who will enroll in secondary education institutions in Turkey from the 2022-2023 academic year and those who have renounced their Turkish citizenship/Blue Card holders and foreign nationals [Except for Embassy schools, International private education institutions taking place in the MOBIS system and foreigners brought to our country within the framework of the project carried out by the Ministry of National Education]
How to apply for SUYOS?
Applications are made from the website of SUYOS (International Student Selection Exam Coordinatorship) (https://www.selcuk.edu.tr/Birim/suyos) during the application dates.
What is the SUYOS application fee?
Application fees are specified in the application guide of the relevant year. Fees vary by test centre.
SUYOS 2023 exam centers and fees are listed below:
How is the exam application fee paid?
Payments can only be made by credit card on the application page. Applications by money order, EFT or hand payment are not accepted.
In which centers is the exam held?
Exam centers are listed below. If there are not enough applications in these exam centers, the relevant exam center is canceled and the exam fee is refunded.
When does the SUYOS Exam Entrance Document arrive at our address, and what should we do if it does not?
The exam entrance document will be sent to the e-mail address you provided during the application. Candidates who do not receive the SUYOS Exam Entrance Document should submit this document personally until June 2, 2023 at S.Ü. They can be obtained from the Overseas Student Coordinator.
Can I change the place where I will take the exam?
Changes can be made within the application dates. Exam center changes will not be made after the application deadline.
From which subjects are SUYOS questions asked?
80 questions are asked from the fields of General Ability, Mathematics and Geometry.
How long is the exam?
Exam duration is 120 minutes.
In which languages is SUYOS made?
The questions are prepared in two languages, Turkish and English.
What documents do we need to have with us when taking the exam?
SUYOS Exam Entrance Document and Passport
What is the SUYOS threshold score?
SUYOS threshold score has been removed.
How are SUYOS scores calculated?
The correct and incorrect answers given by the candidates to the questions in the test will be counted separately. Raw scores will be found by subtracting one quarter of the number of wrong answers from the number of correct answers.
When will the SUYOS results be announced?
It will be announced on our website after the exam is done.
How can we learn the result of SUYOS?
Exam results are only available in S.Ü. It will be published on the website of the International Student Selection Exam Coordinator.
Will an acceptance letter be sent to the candidates who are accepted to the university?
Candidates who have the right to enroll in the university can get their Placement Documents by logging in with their information from the Candidate Processing System. In addition, documents will not be sent to the address.
How long are SUYOS Results valid?
It is valid for one (1) year.
Is it possible to apply to all universities in Turkey with the SUYOS result?
Each university determines the application and registration requirements. Therefore, which university you will apply to, you need to learn the conditions of that university.
What is the quota distribution of foreign students at Selcuk University?
Our quotas are announced on our website after approval from YÖK.
How do candidates get placed in departments? Are there any alternatives other than SUYOS to apply to Selcuk University?
Placement is made primarily by taking into account the SUYOS results. Among the candidates who apply to the vacant quotas after the first placement, priority is given to those who have SUYOS results. If there is no application to the relevant quota with the SUYÖS result, the placement is made according to the TR-YÖS result.
What documents are required when applying for additional placement?
During the application, the original documents will be submitted and a photocopy will be submitted. In the final registration, the original documents will be delivered. The originals of the information and documents given in the application form must be submitted completely during registration/approval. Otherwise, approval will not be given.
a) Document showing that he/she meets the application requirement, (Exam result document that is still valid)
b) Original high school diploma (Turkish translation of diplomas in a foreign language certified by a sworn translator)
c) Diploma equivalency certificate (obtained from Provincial Directorates of National Education or Turkish Foreign Representatives). Diploma equivalency certificate is not required for graduates from the Republic of Türkiye.
d) Notarized copy or photocopy of the passport (if the original passport is brought together with the photocopy, it is approved by the relevant unit)
e) Photocopy of Residence Permit, (To be taken after final registration and delivered to the faculty student affairs.)
f) T.C. nationals of T.C. Identity Number statement or photocopy of Identity Card,
g) T.C. Military Status Statement of male candidates,
h) He is a foreign national by birth and later on to the Turkish Republic. Certificate of Identity Registration from dual nationals who have become naturalized,
i) T.C. Transcript (report card) from those who are nationals and have completed all of their secondary education (high school) in a foreign country excluding the TRNC (including those who have completed all of their secondary education (high school) in a Turkish school in a foreign country other than the TRNC),
i) Bank receipt showing that the student contribution fee has been paid, (To be submitted to the student affairs registered in the final registration)
j) Photograph (6 pieces),
k) YÖS result document
l) Foreign Language Proficiency Certificate, if any,
m) Turkish Proficiency Certificate, if any,